Thursday, August 21, 2014

"For the Love of Disney"

I was at my parent's house over the weekend and I had an idea in my head about a Disney watercolor piece. When I got back to my apartment I got to work. I took my idea and I sketched out two sketches in my regular sketchbook to see how I wanted everything to be laid out for the final piece on watercolor paper. 


As you can see, when I sketch, the drawings are just plain ugly little blurbs that just get the ideas on the page and the lay of the land for the drawing and what movies I wanted to incorporate into it. I chose Snow White, Frozen, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Pocahontas, Tangled, Peter Pan, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Little Mermaid, Mulan and Lilo and Stitch. Here's the final sketch on Canson watercolor paper (after about 2 hours of messing with positioning, making sure there weren't any holes and it all flowed really well. 


Then I added in the background colors which blend from one color to the next (this. took. forever!)


I love watercolors. I do. They're my all time favorite medium and I hate waiting for these buggers to dry. After 2 hours of drying, I went in with all the final details, colors and painting until 3:30 in the morning. So worth it. Here's the final piece and close ups of each part! 


No comments:

Post a Comment