Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Collage Craziness

One of the hardest things for me is collage. Nothing is harder to me then finding pieces of paper and gluing them down to make them look good as one picture. You would think as an artist it would come easily to me. Nope. It's like oil and water. I decided to set out on an adventure of learning to collage and make it look nice. 

So the other week when I was looking through some old stuff and I found this pad of Newsprint paper (I highly recommend NOT buying this type of paper...ever). It is a very lightweight paper with no love for any product but pen and pencil a.k.a. not my type of paper. I like to work in wet mediums like watercolor, acrylic, markers, ink, etc. This paper isn't good for any of that. I made a sketchbook out of it following a tutorial by the amazing YouTuber Sea Lemon! I used her Coptic Stitch Binding tutorial to make the book because it allows it to lay completely flat! I've made a few using this method and I adore it. 

Here is my final book!


In the coming weeks I will share what I've put inside. The collages only take about 20 minutes to do and are super quick and fun to do. Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment