Monday, January 7, 2013


Living in the dorm rooms, I have no space for any art supplies and I have been in a bind this semester with storage ideas because I'm living in a smaller place. I've been using 2 of my dresser drawers for art supplies and I just cleared up a bunch of space with this little gem of an idea. I think it came from Jean in the Mixed Media group I'm in on Facebook and I love it. So THANK YOU, JEAN!!! It's absolutely genius! :)

Total cost = about $11 (little expensive for me but I had to make it work for my own sanity).
SO! Grab yourself an over the door shoe rack from Walmart/Dollar Tree/your preferred retailer AND HANG IT UP. Haha! That's it! Unfortunately for me, the doors are too thick for the wire hooks that come with the organizer so I had to buy 4 3M hooks (the ones that hold about 3 lbs each). I followed the directions, hung it up and filled it with most of my stuff that I use all the time or were causing clutter somewhere in room. Needless to say, I'm happy!

Here are some of the stills I took and there will be a video tour at the end! :D

Here's the video!

Friday, January 4, 2013

And the word of the year is....

I put a lot of thought into what my "word" would be for this year. Last year was rough and this year didn't start out any better. But I believe that this year will bring wonderful changes, wonderful paintings and hopefully some wonderful adventures. So my word of the year is

What I'm working on...

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

I woke up to news that a high school friend of mine and my boyfriend's died at 3:30 this morning. So I'd like to take a moment and say Rest In Peace to Codie. He will surely be missed by all of our band alumi.  And to my followers, I wish you and your family a healthy and happy new year and to say I love you whenever you can and to hold your loved ones close.

On a lighter, more creative note, I have a project that I've been working on for a bit that is finally finished. I'm calling it the "Rosewood Album." You can see it in my previous post for a minute. But here is the finished album! I'm really proud of it. I had done a process video of it but didn't like the way it was piecing together so I tossed it.

This album was made out of a baby book I found at Goodwill for $.75 and I took out the pages, left the covers and spine, covered the outside with old book pages, white paint to dull it down and inked the edges. The inside is covered with raw canvas and I used my crop-a-dile to punch the holes to bind it. :)

Here's the video!

The cover also has a butterfly that I dipped in UTEE (I'll have a tutorial for that soon!)

The red papers in this album were a little overwhelming for me because I'm not a "red" person. So I added a pocket and a tag to break it up. 


For this red page, I broke up up with a pocket and tag. This pocket also has a UTEE dipped flower cut out from the paper line. 


I hope you all liked this. Leave your comments and questions!