Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

I woke up to news that a high school friend of mine and my boyfriend's died at 3:30 this morning. So I'd like to take a moment and say Rest In Peace to Codie. He will surely be missed by all of our band alumi.  And to my followers, I wish you and your family a healthy and happy new year and to say I love you whenever you can and to hold your loved ones close.

On a lighter, more creative note, I have a project that I've been working on for a bit that is finally finished. I'm calling it the "Rosewood Album." You can see it in my previous post for a minute. But here is the finished album! I'm really proud of it. I had done a process video of it but didn't like the way it was piecing together so I tossed it.

This album was made out of a baby book I found at Goodwill for $.75 and I took out the pages, left the covers and spine, covered the outside with old book pages, white paint to dull it down and inked the edges. The inside is covered with raw canvas and I used my crop-a-dile to punch the holes to bind it. :)

Here's the video!


The cover also has a butterfly that I dipped in UTEE (I'll have a tutorial for that soon!)





The red papers in this album were a little overwhelming for me because I'm not a "red" person. So I added a pocket and a tag to break it up. 

 



For this red page, I broke up up with a pocket and tag. This pocket also has a UTEE dipped flower cut out from the paper line. 

 





I hope you all liked this. Leave your comments and questions!



3 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! How did you adhere the paper to the book pages so nicely? Glue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Irene. This was a baby book with hard pages in it. They were adhered with my ATG (Advanced Tape Glider).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, very nice to know this! It turned out so smooth. I'm doing one myself right now...good to know the ATG is better than glue. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete