Monday, January 7, 2013

Ummmm....HAPPY PLACE.

Living in the dorm rooms, I have no space for any art supplies and I have been in a bind this semester with storage ideas because I'm living in a smaller place. I've been using 2 of my dresser drawers for art supplies and I just cleared up a bunch of space with this little gem of an idea. I think it came from Jean in the Mixed Media group I'm in on Facebook and I love it. So THANK YOU, JEAN!!! It's absolutely genius! :)

Total cost = about $11 (little expensive for me but I had to make it work for my own sanity).
SO! Grab yourself an over the door shoe rack from Walmart/Dollar Tree/your preferred retailer AND HANG IT UP. Haha! That's it! Unfortunately for me, the doors are too thick for the wire hooks that come with the organizer so I had to buy 4 3M hooks (the ones that hold about 3 lbs each). I followed the directions, hung it up and filled it with most of my stuff that I use all the time or were causing clutter somewhere in room. Needless to say, I'm happy!

Here are some of the stills I took and there will be a video tour at the end! :D








Here's the video!

1 comment:

  1. I have one too that I use for supplies...you add hooks, clothes pins to add on extra storage too! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete