Saturday, February 2, 2013

It's already the 3rd day of Februrary

I honestly cannot believe it. I haven't really been doing much. My beautiful shoe storage didn't last long because it fell off the door. I did finish the Lucy portrait (just not the one I started in my sketchbook, ironically enough) and I love the way she turned out.


I originally had it drawn in my massive sketchbook but I was so afraid to start it. So I took a 12X12 piece of photo matting board that I got at Hobby Lobby and I redrew her onto the board and painted her using gouache. I use the Reeve's brand of gouache and it's in the violet and white. Those are the only two colors I used on Lucy herself. The background is turquoise gouache by Reeves as well. I'm really proud of her. :)

I just did this painting about an hour ago. I had originally had another idea for this elephant but then I fell in love with another idea that was in my head so I decided to go with that one because it was in my head. 


I used a grid for both of these paintings and I'm finding that they work really well for me. If you want to know more about how I did it (it's kind of a process in my head) just send me a comment or e-mail me. In the end, I'm extremely proud of both of these paintings. 

I hope you all have a creative day!

No comments:

Post a Comment