Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Christmas Mega Mini Part 1 - Materials

Hi everyone! I'm sorry that I'm a terrible blogger but I am back and ready to go! I've got my creative mojo back and I'm so excited to share this tutorial with you.

I am being obsessed with making paper bag mini albums. They're super easy and really cute. I'm getting a head start on my Christmas album this year because I made one last year and I never finished it. I made the entire outside of the album and then never put anything in it. This year will be different. Making it now (in August) so that all I'll have to do come December is add my pictures (which this album has TONS of room for because I made it too big)

Part 1 of this tutorial series is going to be your materials. So here's what you'll need.

Materials:

  • Paper bags 
    • In this album I used 12 paper bags. You can use less. It just has to be an even number of bags.
    • There's a lot to choose from. Hobby Lobby and Michaels have their own brand. But I'm using Target's "Up & Up Giant Size Lunch Bags"
  • 2 pieces of 12X12 chipboard -
    • I use mat board from Hobby Lobby because it's cheap and is the exact same thing in my opinion. I can either get 35 pieces of mat board for under 5.99 or I can get a few pieces of chipboard for much much more. Hmmmm. which one to choose?!
  • Scissors
  • Your favorite adhesive 
    • In this tutorial, I used nothing but my Aleene's Tacky Glue. 
  • The paper pack of your choice. 
    • I'm using "Bright Christmas" by Recollections
  • Bone folder.
    • This is the most important thing you'll need in my opinion. 
  • Cutting board
  • Cardstock for your inserts
Optional Materials: 
  • Ink pads
  • Ribbons/laces
  • UTEE
  • Puff paint
  • Mod Podge
  • Circle punch
  • Whatever materials that YOU have that you want to use. 
Here's the video of what you'll need as well so you can see them! :D





No comments:

Post a Comment