Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Christmas Mega Mini Part 2 - Assembly of the Album

Welcome back for Part 2! This will be the assembly of the album. I follow Laura Denison (this is the link to her blog) and her amazing YouTube videos on mini albums. She's an amazing scrapbook artist and her tutorial for making a paper bag mini is what I followed to make this album. So if you just click the link right HERE then you can follow her step-by-step tutorial on how to put the album together. The only difference between hers and mine was that I used more bags and I attach my covers last. I believe that's it. 

For this part of the album you're going to need:
  • Paper bags
  • Bone Folder
  • Adhesive 
  • Decorative paper for the outside covers
  • Paper for the inside lining (I just used aqua cardstock from Recollections to line the inside covers)
  • Chipboard
So here is the video of what I did for the assembly. 


I cut my "chipboard" down to 6 3/4" long by 6 1/2" tall. When you're finished putting your "units" together, decorate your pages with the paper and then attach them to each other. It's much easier to do it this way because you're not fighting with the other bags they're attached to. Set aside 2 bags for the covers and this is what you should have. 5 units, 2 chipboard covers and your 2 set aside bags!

Then you're going to pull out those papers for the covers and linings and cut the down to the same measurements as above. The plaid is the paper for my covers and the aqua is the inside linings. The Other piece is for my spine. I wasn't sure how fat it was going to be so I cut it at the height of my book which was 6 1/2" and left it cut at 12 inches long. 

And there you have it! Let's get this step done and we'll move on to part 3!!


No comments:

Post a Comment