The requirements for the challenge were to use song lyrics that mean a lot of us and to use buttons. I am SO not a button person but I'm learning to love them after this project (because I can camouflage them!)
I thought that this Dare was going to go Titanic on me and then I would just throw it out the window like a frisbee. It started off the way that I wanted it to and then I added the buttons to it and I hated it. So I left it alone for a day or two and came back, picked a color scheme and my song.
This is a record. Yes. A vinyl record that I picked up last year at a thrift store for $1. It was extremely scratched and would never be able to play again. And since this was a music themed month, I figured I better use it. I chose the song "Carry On" by Fun because it lifts my spirits when I feel down.
The poppies are the Donna Poppies by Unity Stamps that I won a few months ago. I stamped them down on a white 12X12 mat board from Hobby Lobby and used my blue/purple/white color scheme that I chose and used my water colors and colored them in.
The supplies and steps I used were the following: (that you can see that is because the original stuff you can't see whatsoever:) :
*Gesso, just in spots of the record because I blended in
- Apple Barrel Acrylic - Purple Velvet & Admiral Blue
- Vinyl record (find one that is old and unplayable, please! Save good ones for people who still play vinyls and appreciate them)
- Mesh Tape (from Dollar Tree)
- Buttons (lower left in the picture. Well hidden because I'm not a fan of them)
- Birdy came from a 4 pack of almost velvety birds
- Donna Poppies Unity Stamps
- White photo mat board (that's what the stamps are stamped on)
- Purple and blue Koi watercolors (from my travel set and that's what color the poppies are)
- watercolor paper (for the song lyrics)
- Crop-A-Dile (I punched 2 holes at the top to be able to hang it on the wall) and matching purple grosgrain ribbon.
She now hangs beautifully on my dorm room wall. :)
Well. I hope you all enjoyed it and will share pictures with me if you make one too!